Saturday, July 10, 2004

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!! (7/8/04)

I was so close, damn it! Picture the scene: me in a cute, knee length flowered skirt, a red tank and flip-flops. We just returned from dinner and a movie (The Chronicles of Riddick – rating: “eh”). It’s 11:00 at night here, so I’m a little tired. But, I haven’t checked email in a while, so I figured I’d get it done tonight. You see - it takes anywhere from 2 – 5+ minutes to load A SINGLE page during the day. So, it’s nearly impossible to get anything done online. Late at night isn’t so bad, but Sunday is the best. This will all change (I’m assuming) next week when the students get back from holiday. Anyway… back to the story at hand. I dashed back to my room and grabbed my laptop to take to the lab across campus (a few buildings away) where there’s internet access. Of course, all the doors were locked since it was late. No worries, I know a way in. Unfortunately, I wasn’t appropriately dressed for my 007 action. Whatever… that didn’t stop me. With computer in hand, I hopped down into a drainage ditch and crouched to avoid the prickly shrubs and bushes, all the while dodging lizards, hermit crabs and frogs. Once I made it to the opening, I crawled under a large cement wall. I was able to push my laptop up under a grating into the building. Then, I hiked my skirt up around my waist and jump up between two cement pilings. I shimmied my way up to the first floor by pressing my back against one piling and my feet against the other… “walking” up the wall. I grabbed hold of a stair railing and pulled myself up the rest of the way. Whew! Finally, I squeezed through the railing, grabbed my laptop and headed for the lab. Success!

Once connected to the internet I started checking my email. Thanks to all of you for responding. Unfortunately, my email was screwing up. I couldn’t reply, forward or create new messages. Thus, I was stuck reading the emails everyone sent, but not being able to reply. I decided to update my blog instead and fill everyone in on what’s been going on. Then my computer shut off… it ran out of battery! Fricken fracken bricken bracken!!!!!! *pulling hair out*
Needless to say, I was a bit irked. Oh well. I’ll post this message (along with the rest) tomorrow and you guys will just have a novel to read about me, and my adventures in reality.

ta ta for now,
me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home