Sunday, July 11, 2004

My Boys are fine (Monday 7/12/04)

Okay... poor Amanda. Let me calm everyone's fears and worries. I have taken care of the cat situation. I took care of it almost immediately. Yes, it was a pain in the ass and caused me a lot of worry and frustration, but things are okay. My friend Emily has been taking care of the boys for the past week+, and my other friend Sara Henry just happens to need a place to live right now. She's moving in today to take care of the apartment and the kitties. I would never leave my boys to fend for themselves. I appreciate all your concern, but everything is under control.
Now, I'm just trying to figure out my financial situation. Argh! If it's not one thing its another. BUT! Don't worry about that either. I can take care of it. :)

Well, Zach and I are leaving Suva in less than an hour. I can't wait. It's been raining all day and I'm just not crazy about this city. Anyways, I went with Mark Hay and his sons to Gavinda, a REALLY good vegetarian India cafe. Zach was fartin' around making fish food and other crap, so I didn't have anything else to do. I'm glad I went though. It was an interesting experience. Remember how Dad used to smack our hands with a fork or knife if we ate with our fingers? He'd have a FIELD DAY in a traditional Indian joint. They don't use utensils. Normally, I would think that's cool, but Suva is such a dirty place, I wash my hands first thing when I return from downtown. I couldn't stomache mixing my rice, curry, and veggies on my giant silver platter with my bare hands (which were black from touching things while walking through the stores in Suva).

You should see how much shit Zach and I have to transport to Tagaqe! I hope we can fit it all in a taxi. I have serious doubts. Out taxi driver's gonna hate us. It's such a pain lugging this crap around, but what can one do? There are no stores on the coral coast that sell the field supplies we need, and no grocery stores within 30 - 45 minutes (which wouldn't be bad except we have to pay for a taxi everytime we want to go). So, we had to buy all of our groceries and supplies in Suva and now we have to lug them with us all the way to Tagaqe (over a 1.5 hour cab ride). Oh well. I can't wait to be at the pretty coral coast though. It will be much less depressing than this place.

Take care and I miss you all!
Until later,
Sara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home