Monday, August 23, 2004

Back to Life. Back to Reality.

For all the crap I've gone through and posted in this journal, I'm still a little blue to be back. Don't get me wrong! I love my bug-free bed, my cats, my shower and a clean, flush toilet. But I don't love bills, traffic, the hectic pace of life, and no ocean.

I'm trying to settle in and get over jet-lag. It's taken me longer than usual since I went to an 'all-nighter', going away party for a friend the night after getting back. I was exhausted, but alcohol and adrenaline kept me going until after 4 a.m. (By the way, I shaved my legs for the party. I know I know! I caved pretty quickly, didn't I? So I chose sexy over empowered. Sue me. It feels great. Too bad the pesky hair just keeps growing back.)

Today was my first day back at "work". I use the term "work" loosley here since all I really did was check my email, go to lunch, and well... that's about it. So, why the hell am I still here at 7:30 p.m.? I'm addicted to the internet. I can't stop. It's fun chatting with people online, reading about hiking the Andes... and it's better than watching TV. Right?

That's all for now. My life's boring again. I'll try to make up some interesting stories to keep your attention and provide entertainment - at least for me!

Later,
me
p.s. Check back in a few days for pics from Fiji.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home