Sunday, August 01, 2004

Randomness (8/2)

Ironically, it's another rainy day here in Fiji. It works out nicely since I designated the day to spend online in Sigatoka. Plus, I'm highly irritable (for no good reason), so it's nice to be away from the crowd at the "lodge."

I guess I havn't updated my journal in a while, but we have three new people staying with us. They "work" for Coral Cay Conservation, which means they get food and board, but no salary. They're here to do survey transects of the inshore reef. They're pretty cool and we all get along well. In fact, tomorrow is Louis's birthday, so we're taking here out to get her schnockered.

Terry and Kirk Bowman (another prof at Tech) were here for 4 days. They left this morning. Terry seems happy with the work I've done so far and is very interested in getting me back to Fiji. It was nice having them here because they bought me and Zach tons of food. We went out to eat (on their tab) every night. I'm pretty sure I'll have to put extra weights on my dive belt now.

I have to mention something regarding my posts. They reflect me... who I am. A few comments have been made regarding my language (which isn't nearly as bad as my day to day linguqistic ballads). But, I will not "tone down" my writing since that would be censoring myself and I'm strongly against censorship. I write what I think - - what I feel. I hope that people find my writing somewhat entertaining, insightful, and possibly creative. If anything, at least, not boring. If you are offended, bored or get a blinding migraine from reading my journal, the best advice I can give is to stop reading. Enough said.

I've been online for 4 hours now. I think it's time to stop. I will continue working on my journal entries, if for nothing else than my own amusement later.

I hope everyone is well and I miss you all very much. I'll be in Tagaqe for another 10 days. After that, I'll be in Suva for a week before flying home to Atlanta. I'll contact everyone when I get back.

Love you!
me


1 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

WooHoo! It's about time you got back online :) Maybe you'll be in a better mood now that you got your online fix...I know I would be ;)

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home