Sunday, August 01, 2004

Tuesday (7/20)

Today I spent most of the day checking my experiment, making measurements etc. You know… all those boring things scientists do. While cursing and hammering back into the reef a belligerent nail, I saw one of nature’s most peaceful, graceful creatures – a sea turtle. I held my breath. It glided past me, a foot or two away. I could have touched it, but that seemed so wrong. I just watched in awe and admiration. It made my frustrations with the unwilling nail and the resistant reef dissipate.
Later in the evening I took a walk on the beach and ran into Dominiti. I was way out on some shallow reef rock and deep water was on either side. She was swimming in the deep. I hadn’t planned on jumping in and was still wearing my dress. I jumped in anyway. We had a great time swimming around. It was the first swim I’ve had where I wasn’t working. Daryl had some bread so we fed a few fish and just floated. It was nice. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home