Friday, July 21, 2006

Fiji 2006! So far, so good?




I have WAY too much to put up right now regarding my trip to Fiji and my time here so far. Getting drunk on the "Best Mai Tai's in Waikiki" during my layover in Hawaii, our REALLY grumpy cab driver who took us from Nadi to Suva (3 hour trip. He didn't speak to us for the first 1+ hours), getting eaten alive by mosquitos as soon as I got here (I still have scars on my legs from the bites).... Although, there's uncertainty as to whether they're actually mosquito bites or bed bug bites. I've seen countless sharks, sea turtles, beautiful reefs etc on the dives so far. That's excluding the shark feeding dive that I just went on! (Another story for another blog). I still haven't partaken in any Kava so far, thank jeebus.
Amy and I leave for Tagaqe tomorrow. So long to hot showers. (Just to let you know, I'm physically weeping about that right now). But, it will be nice to settle down in one spot for a while. I'll miss the luxury accomodations, but not the moving from place to place and keeping very wet, very stinky dive gear in our tiny van, which we've named "Pork" (i.e. the "other" white meat - get it? Fijians = cannibals = we're the other white meat... yeah, I'm pretty sure we're delirious). I'm not sure we're going to be able to turn in that rental van. It's smells like a mixture of foot infection, rotten milk and mildew... with a dash of urin marinated wet suits. (Anyone who says they don't pee in their wet suite it lying).
Anyway, I have to run pack my stuff up for the move to Tagage. I also have to go buy some Kava for the cheif, a bribe/peace offering/payment. The root needs to be from a 7 year old plant. The stem should be at least twice as long as the actually root and the inner part of the root should be a tan/cream color with a dark brown skin. It should also be from a region called Kadavu. That's where the best Kava is grown. Anyway, it cost $50. I hope the bribe works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home